China has their own Google, even their own internet. So, Alibaba figured they should have their own holiday too. They dubbed it Single’s Day, a festive occasion to celebrate yourself by buying nice things … for yourself. In Chinese, the direct translation for Single’s Day is ‘bare sticks’. It refers to unmarried men who in China are sometimes described as ‘bare branches’ because they’re not adding any branches to the family tree.
Trade The World Anywhere & Anytime!
Mobile app platform with over 50,000 global listed securities across 12 markets (over 70% global market capitalisation), right from your Android or iOS device.
Integrated with exclusive trading idea and investment analysis tools to help you find actionable insight on virtually every financial instrument across our 12 global markets, to help you optimise your trading strategies.
- ASX shares to buy for the Omicron COVID outbreak
- Rhythm Biosciences (ASX: RHY) share price slumps amid ‘pivotal’ board changes
- Why is the Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO) share price having such a great day?
- Is the Afterpay (ASX:APT) Square takeover a done deal?
- Winsome Resources (ASX:WR1) share price surges another 23% on second day of trade