- Diversification – your portfolio will get an immediate diversification boost from international shares that are not available in your home country market.
- Spread your risk – by spreading your portfolio across different geographic regions, you’re protecting yourself from geo-political and geo-economic specific risks that are specific to your local market.
- Access to a wider range of companies, industries and innovation – some of the world’s top 10 stock exchanges host companies in many different industries that may not be available in your particular country. For example, the US is home to some of the largest high-tech, IT, pharmaceutical, healthcare and defence companies.
- Access to more liquidity – global investors tend to gravitate towards the most liquid and highly active markets. You can take advantage of readily available liquidity when you buy international shares.
- Access to higher growth and emerging companies not available in your local stock exchange.