Is Accent a bargain buy?
The post Broker sees 42% upside for the Accent (ASX:AX1) share price appeared first on The Motley Fool Australia. –
The Accent Group Ltd (ASX: AX1) share price is under pressure again on Thursday.
In afternoon trade, the footwear retailer’s shares are down 4% to a 52-week low of $1.94.
This means the Accent share price is now down 21% since the start of 2022.
Is the Accent share price a bargain buy?
While the recent weakness in the Accent share price is very disappointing, one leading broker appears to believe that it has created a buying opportunity for investors.
Based on the current Accent share price, this implies potential upside of 42% for investors over the next 12 months. And that doesn’t include dividends. Bell Potter expects a 3% dividend yield from its shares at current levels, stretching the total potential return to 45%.
What did the broker say?
Bell Potter notes that Accent has guided to earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) of $30 million to $31 million during the first half. This fell short of its estimate of $34 million due to a significant slowdown in sales due to the spread of the Omicron variant.
This has unsurprisingly led to the broker making some major revisions to its earnings and dividend estimates for the remainder of the financial year.
Nevertheless, its analysts believe this is a short term headwind and remain positive on its long term outlook. Furthermore, the broker feels the Accent share price is trading at a very attractive level despite its earnings revisions.
It concluded: “Notwithstanding COVID impacts on recent trading, we believe AX1’s core business remains strong with all growth levers intact. Valuation also remains undemanding with FY23/FY24 PE of 14.6x/12.1x. Accordingly, we retain our Buy rating on the stock.”
The post Broker sees 42% upside for the Accent (ASX:AX1) share price appeared first on The Motley Fool Australia.
Should you invest $1,000 in Accent right now?
Before you consider Accent, you’ll want to hear this.
Motley Fool Investing expert Scott Phillips just revealed what he believes are the 5 best stocks for investors to buy right now… and Accent wasn’t one of them.
The online investing service he’s run for over a decade, Motley Fool Share Advisor, has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.* And right now, Scott thinks there are 5 stocks that are better buys.
*Returns as of January 13th 2022
Motley Fool contributor James Mickleboro has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia’s parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has recommended Accent Group. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Bruce Jackson.