NextDC’s shares are in the buy zone according to Morgans…
The post NextDC share price tipped to rise 30%: Broker says high energy prices an ‘opportunity’ appeared first on The Motley Fool Australia. –
The NextDC Ltd (ASX: NXT) share price has come under pressure in 2022.
Since the start of the year, the data centre operatorâs shares are down 21%.
This has been driven by weakness in the tech sector and concerns over its exposure to rising energy prices.
Is the NextDC share price weakness a buying opportunity?
According to a note out of Morgans, its analysts believe the NextDC share price is trading at a very attractive level.
This morning its analysts have retained their add rating but trimmed their price target on its shares to $13.01.
Based on the current NextDC share price of $10.09, this implies potential upside of 29% for investors over the next 12 months.
What did the broker say?
Morgans has been looking into what impact rising energy prices would have on NextDCâs operations. The good news is that it doesnât expect any material impacts.Â It explained:
NXT typically contracts energy rates annually. We estimate that ~80% of FY23 power costs get passed straight through to its wholesale customers. The remaining ~20% is enterprise and subject to annual price reviews which are typically the greater of CPI or 2.5%. Enterprise contracts also allow NXT to pass on material structural changes in energy prices (which it has done once in the last decade).
The broker also sees rising energy prices as an “opportunity” for NextDC. This is due to the company being independently certified as the only Australian data centre provider with a NABERS 5-star rating for energy efficiency. It was also certified with PUE of 1.4 in FY 2021, which is well below the Australian industry average of 1.7.
Morgans feels that this efficiency could be attractive to prospective customers. It commented:
This means NXT is >50% more energy efficient than peers and much more energy efficient than on-premise. Customers looking to save money due to rising energy prices may well fast-track their migration to NXT.
Overall, its analysts âsee upside risk to FY23 consensus revenue and are comfortable with EBITDA.â
The post NextDC share price tipped to rise 30%: Broker says high energy prices an ‘opportunity’ appeared first on The Motley Fool Australia.
When investing expert Scott Phillips has a stock tip, it can pay to listen. After all, the flagship Motley Fool Share Advisor newsletter he has run for over ten years has provided thousands of paying members with stock picks that have doubled, tripled or even more.* Scott just revealed what he believes could be the “five best ASX stocks” for investors to buy right now. These stocks are trading at near dirt-cheap prices and Scott thinks they could be great buys right now
See The 5 Stocks
*Returns as of January 12th 2022
setButtonColorDefaults(“#0095C8”, ‘background’, ‘#5FA85D’);
setButtonColorDefaults(“#0095C8”, ‘border-color’, ‘#43A24A’);
setButtonColorDefaults(“#fff”, ‘color’, ‘#fff’);
Experts name 3 ASX growth shares to buy with enormous upside potential
2 ASX growth shares to buy this month: experts
Analysts name 2 ASX growth shares to buy with huge upside potential
Why did ASX 200 tech shares fall today?
Analysts name 3 ASX 200 shares that could generate strong returns
Motley Fool contributor James Mickleboro has positions in NEXTDC Limited. The Motley Fool Australia’s parent company Motley Fool Holdings Inc. has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool Australia has no position in any of the stocks mentioned. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy. This article contains general investment advice only (under AFSL 400691). Authorised by Scott Phillips.